If you have a big heart, fantastic people skills, and a killer work ethic, we’d love to have you work with us!
Our interns are a huge help to us and play an important role in building our community, maintaining strong relationships with our donors, and leading our rad volunteers. Since we’re a young, startup nonprofit, you won’t get stuck filing papers or getting us coffee (because we like to get our own) – you’ll get your hands dirty (not really) in a wide variety of significant activities around the office.
Most of all, you’ll learn a lot, you’ll have fun, and your work will directly change people’s lives.
A SAMPLING OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and lead our awesome volunteers
- Manage donor group member accounts
- Fulfill product orders
- Assist in planning and orchestrating photo shoots
- Assist in developing social media content and strategies
- Brainstorm new ways to reach more people with our mission and message
- Eat cookies when they magically appear in our office
- Are passionate about our mission and want to be part of fulfilling it.
- Are warm, personable, and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Are a professional, you ask questions rather than assuming, you’re detail-oriented, and you maintain a high standard.
- Can type faster than Mavis Beacon and know your way around Gmail, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, and an Apple computer.
- Are an independent person, you own your projects, and you finish what you begin.
- Love what we do, work really, really hard, and have a lot of fun along the way.
- Value you, your time, and your perspective.
- Want you to have a positive experience that you’ll not only learn from, but also value for the rest of your life.
15-20 hours per week (including an occasional evening or weekend) throughout the spring semester. (And, of course, we’re flexible with spring break travel plans.)
This internship is unpaid. However, you’ll gain a very unique and valuable experience and perspective into the world of nonprofit startups, entrepreneurship, marketing, and a slew of other things, as you’ll be exposed to nearly every aspect of our work. Of course, we’ll work with your school to help you gain academic credit.
Above all, your work will directly change people’s lives.
Send your resume + a cover letter to Matt at email@example.com.